Help for the scale degree search
field in Themefinder
Guidelines for searching by scale degree:
- Scale degree refers to a note's position in the scale. Scale degrees
are numbered 1 through 7.
- 1 = tonic or 'do'
- 2 = super-tonic or 're'
- 3 = mediant or 'mi'
- 4 = subdominant or 'fa'
- 5 = dominant or 'sol'
- 6 = submediant or 'la'
- 7 = subtonic/leading tone or 'ti'
- Chromatic alterations are ignored.
- No distinction is made between major and minor keys. The
number 1 is used to indicate the tonic of
of each key.
- Scale degree search is not possible for the Latin Motets of the 16th
Advanced scale degree:
Currently there are no wildcards for scale degree search.