Help for the pitch class search
field in Themefinder
Pitch-class represents pitch without regard to
spelling -- a C-sharp and D-flat are equivalent.
When searching by pitch-class:
- Use the number 0 to represent C.
- Use the number 1 to represent C-sharp or D-flat.
- Use the number 2 to represent D.
- Use the number 3 to represent D-sharp or E-flat.
- Use the number 9 to represent A.
- Use the letter `A' to represent A-sharp or B-flat.
- Use the letter `B' to represent B-natural or C-flat.
- Notes need not be separated by spaces.